The American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) is a national, non-profit volunteer organization that provides soccer programs to youth worldwide. Palm Springs Region 80 serves approximately 1000 players every year, ranging from ages 4 to 19.
AYSO follows Six Philosophies that separate us from all other youth sports.
1. Everyone Plays: Our program’s goal is for kids to play soccer-so we mandate that every player on every team must play at least half of every game. When possible Palm Springs will enforce players to play 3/4 of every game.
2. Balanced Teams: Each year we form new teams as evenly balanced as possible-because it is fair and more fun when teams of equal ability play.
3. Open Registration: Our program is open to all children from 4 through 19 years of age who want to register and play soccer. Interest and enthusiasm are the only criteria for playing . Our program is open to all children.
4. Positive Coaching: Encouragement of player effort provides for greater enjoyment by the players and ultimately leads to better-skilled and better-motivated players.
5. Good Sportsmanship: We strive to create a positive environment based on mutual respect rather than a win-at-all-costs attitude, and our program is designed to instill good sprotsmanship in every facet of AYSO.
6. Player Development: Enjoyment of the game for the players is enhanced by improvement of technical skills and better understanding of soccer tactics. Our coaching program is focused on player development.